* Remove plants and hanging items from your patio. Lock storm/ patio shutters.
* Turn off power to stove and refrigerator. Remove Perishables. Use towel over the doors to keep doors slightly ajar.
* Pour two cups bleach into toilet bowl. Don’t flush. Lift Lid. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Close lid and place a heavy object on top of lid ( Ex:. a stack of books )
* Notify office of departure date and leave working keys for emergency use. Have someone check your unit periodically.
* Turn off water to bathrooms. Shut off valve is in the bedroom closet.
* Unplug hot water heater.
* Replace Smoke alarm batteries.
* Have AC unit serviced. Set controls for ” away” as per manufacturer’s instructions. Place service provider’s name on AC unit along with service phone number .
* Turn upholstered cushions on end to promote air circulation.
* Thoroughly flush garbage disposal. Pour 1/2 cup cooking oil into disposal at blades. Flick on briefly to distribute oil.
* Turn fans on low setting for air circulation.
* If leaving a car, lock license plate inside, visible through rear window. Leave keys with office of notify office who has key.
* Fill out US Postal form for having mail forwarded to your Northern address.
HAVE A SAFE TRIP & STAY HEALTHY